What Are Veneers, And Should You Consider Getting Them?
Have you ever wondered how your favorite celebrities and Hollywood stars have such beautiful smiles? While some are naturally blessed with picture-perfect smiles, others rely on the power of cosmetic dentistry to enjoy their dream smiles. If you are also concerned about your chipped, fractured, or discolored teeth ruining your smile, no need to worry; You can get rid of your facial cosmetic flaws with dental veneers to enjoy a healthy, lasting, and beautiful smile.
What are Dental Veneers?
According to the American Dental Association, a veneer is a wafer-thin shell made of porcelain or composite resins that are used to restore various cosmetic and restorative tooth defects. Veneers are made of tooth-colored materials and are bonded to the front surfaces of damaged teeth. In this way, they become virtually indistinguishable from the natural teeth and restore one’s smile and facial appearance.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are an excellent restorative option for various tooth defects. Your Dentist in Burbank may recommend dental veneers for restoring your teeth if you have any of the following problems:
- Crooked or chipped teeth
- Fractured teeth
- To mask permanent teeth stains
- As a cosmetic alternative to orthodontic treatment for treating mild tooth misalignment
- As a cosmetic alternative to orthodontic treatment for eliminating excessive gaps between teeth
- Complete smile makeovers
Should I Consider Veneers?
Dental veneers are the most commonly used restorative options for fixing flawed and blemished smiles. If your discolored or damaged teeth hold you back from smiling or speaking confidently in public. If you’re still unsure whether veneers are the right option for you, here are some benefits of dental veneers that will help you decide:
- Natural-looking Smile – veneers are fabricated from tooth-colored materials that can precisely match the shade of the natural teeth. Hence, teeth restored with veneers offer lifelike aesthetics and restore one’s overall facial aesthetics.
- Improved Self-confidence and Social Acceptability – after getting your smile restored with veneers, you will feel considerable improvement in your self-confidence and productivity. Furthermore, an American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry survey showed that people with perfectly aligned, pearly-white teeth are perceived as more friendly and approachable than those with flawed smiles.
- Instant Results – with veneers, you can enjoy an instant improvement in your smile in just one or two visits. Sometimes, your dentist in Burbank may place dental veneers in a single visit.
- Stain-resistance – dental veneers are durable and long-term restorative, provided they are looked after properly. For example, tooth-colored bonded restorations often get stained very quickly. On the other hand, veneers placed by your Family dentist will last much longer but also resist coffee, tea, and tobacco stains. Although rare, if your veneers come off accidentally, you can contact your Emergency dentist to have them rebonded in most cases.
- Tooth Conservation – unlike dental crowns, dental veneers require very little tooth preparation. Hence, they conserve natural tooth structure.
For the best aesthetic outcome with veneers, you should visit sufficient experience and qualifications. If you’re searching for a “dentist near me” or “cosmetic dentist” in Burbank, look no more! Green California Dental Group is the right place to visit for all your dental needs. So, book an appointment with us today and let us give you a healthy and beautiful smile that you genuinely deserve.