Dental Cleanings And Exams At Our Burbank Office
A Clean Mouth For A Healthier You
The most important thing you can do for the care of your mouth and overall health, beyond home care like brushing and flossing, is making sure to visit your dentist for a dental cleaning and exam at least twice a year. Visiting your dentist for a cleaning and exam doesn’t just keep your smile bright, but also have a significant impact on your general health as well. Without proper dental care, not only you risk dental issues including cavities, gum disease, and infections but several serious Systemic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, stroke and complications with diabetes. Regular check-ups and cleanings will help keep both your smile bright and your body healthy.
What happens during an exam and cleaning appointment?
During your exam and cleaning appointment, you will receive diagnostic and preventive services from Dr. Kerikorian and some education on continued hygiene and potential treatment plans for existing issues.
Diagnostic services may include:
- Reviewing and updating your personal medical history, including heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, all of which may have an impact on your oral health or your oral health may impact
- Oral cancer exam and screening
- Evaluation of the health of your gum tissue
- Checking of your bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- Digital X-rays of teeth to detect decay
- Referral to skilled local specialists for specific treatments beyond our practice
Preventive services may include:
- Removal of plaque and tartar via scaling and planing
- Stain removal
- Dental Fluoride application
- Sealants (for children)
- Polishing teeth, fillings, and crowns
- Cleaning and adjustment of dentures and partials
Follow Up Education services may include:
- Tooth brushing and flossing instructions
- Recommendations for future treatment plans: when to return for follow-up hygiene treatment, periodontal concerns and / or restorative options
Make An Appointment!
You can call us at (818) 238-9700 to make an appointment or click the link below to make an online appointment at our Burbank dental office now!
Proudly serving Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, North Hollywood and surrounding communities. We are conveniently located to be easily accessible to the Eastern San Fernando Valley, Hollywood, And Glendale